Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by you (the Customer or you). We are Tirescanner Ltd a company registered in Scotland under number SC612719 whose registered office is at Lytchett House, 13 Freeland Park, Wareham Road, Poole, Dorset, BH16 6FA with email address firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone number 0330 100 5309; (the Supplier or us or we).
2. These are the terms on which we sell all Goods to you. By ordering any of the Goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. By ordering any of the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You can only purchase the Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
3. Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
4. Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Goods;
5. Delivery Location means the Supplier's premises or other location where the Goods are to be supplied, as set out in the Order;
6. Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
7. Goods means the goods advertised on the Website that we supply to you of the number and description as set out in the Order;
8. Order means the Customer's order for the Goods from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
10. Website means our website www.tyrescanner.net on which the Goods are advertised.
11. The description of the Goods is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the Goods supplied.
12. In the case of any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
13. All Goods which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
14. We can make changes to the Goods which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
16. We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
17. The description of the Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
18. The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
19. A Contract will be formed for the sale of Goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract.
20. Any quotation is valid for a maximum period of 1 day from its date, subject to availability of stock, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
21. No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Goods, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
22. We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, eg by giving you rights as a business.
Price and Payment
23. The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website at the date of the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
a. All postage costs shown on our listings covers deliveries to Mainland UK only. Additional fees apply for postage to Highlands, Islands and Northern Ireland. Please contact us for a quote regarding postage to any non-Mainland UK addresses.
24. Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
25. You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Goods. Delivery
26. We will deliver the Goods, to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any agreement, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the Contract is entered into.
27. In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in addition to any other remedies) treat the Contract at an end if:
a. we have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or
b. after we have failed to deliver on time, you
Risk and Title
35. Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
36. You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
Withdrawal, returns and cancellation
37. You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
38. This is a distance contract (as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (Cancellation Rights) set out below. These Cancellation Rights, however, do not apply, to a contract for the following goods (with no others) in the following circumstances:
a. foodstuffs, beverages or other goods intended for current consumption in the household and which are supplied on frequent and regular rounds to your residence or workplace;
b. goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
c. goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
39. Also, the Cancellation Rights for a Contract cease to be available in the following circumstances:
a. in the case of any sales contract, if the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
Right to cancel
40. Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
41. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other than the carrier indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the last of the Goods. In a contract for the supply of goods over time (ie subscriptions), the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.
42. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg a letter sent by post, fax or email). In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made, so you may decide to use the model cancellation form.
43. You can also electronically fill in and submit the contact form or any other clear statement of the Customer's decision to cancel the Contract on our website www.tyrescanner.net. If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation in a Durable Medium (eg by email) without delay.
44. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period
45. Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
Deduction for Goods supplied
46. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably allowed in a shop). This is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must pay us the amount of that loss.
Timing of reimbursement
47. If we have not offered to collect the Goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
a. 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or
b. (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods.
48. If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this Contract.
49. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
50. If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the Goods without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods. Please refer to our return policy for further information - Return Policy
51. For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights, these words have the following meanings:
a. distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded;
b. sales contract means a contract under which a trader transfers or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and services as its object.
52. We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
53. Upon delivery, the Goods will:
a. be of satisfactory quality;
b. be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
c. conform to their description.
54. It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
Successors and our sub-contractors
55. Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any subcontractors who it chooses to help perform its duties.
56. eCoupons can only be used online at www.tyrescanner.net subject to these general terms and conditions, and any other specific conditions notified to you on the issue of an eCoupon. No eCoupon is redeemable through any other website owned or operated by Tirescanner Limited (Tyrescanner).
57. An eCoupon is redeemed by entering its code at the appropriate point in the online purchase process. Redemption may be subject to you providing proof of entitlement to use the eCoupon. Your use of an eCoupon indicates your agreement to be bound by these eCoupon Terms and Conditions. Distribution of eCoupons eCoupons are, and remain at all times, the property of Tyrescanner.
58. The right to use an eCoupon is personal to the original recipient and may not be transferred. No eCoupon may be copied, reproduced, distributed, or published directly or indirectly in any form or by any means for use by an entity other than the original recipient, or stored in a data retrieval system, without the prior written permission of Tyrescanner.
59. eCoupons distributed or circulated without the written approval of Tyrescanner, for example on an Internet message board or on a "bargains" website, are not valid for use and may be refused or cancelled.
Permitted usage of eCoupons
60. Unless expressly stated otherwise at the time of issue of the eCoupon;
61. Each issued eCoupon will be valid for use by a recipient only once, only one eCoupon will be valid for use per customer or household, as the case may be, and an eCoupon may not be used in conjunction with any other special offer or eCoupon. eCoupons cannot be exchanged for cash or used to purchase gift-vouchers.
Excluded goods and services
62. Certain goods or services are excluded from all eCoupon offers. From time to time other goods or services may be excluded and any such further exclusion will be notified to you along with the eCoupon or through the tyrescanner.net website.
63. eCoupons may be limited to redemption in respect of certain products or services or certain products or services may be excluded from the ambit of use of the eCoupon, in which case notice will be given to you at the time of issue of the eCoupon.
64. Excluded goods and services will not count towards any qualifying conditions for offers and will not benefit from any promotional discount.
Minimum spend requirements
65. Where the redemption of an eCoupon is subject to a minimum spending requirement, the redemption is only permitted in respect of the purchase of qualifying products which will be communicated to you at the time of issue of the eCoupon. Excluded products and supplementary charges, such as delivery, gift wrap or postage & packing, shall not count towards a minimum spending requirement.
66. If more than one minimum spend offer is valid for use in an order, there must be sufficient qualifying spend to meet the requirements of each offer in total. For example, to use a £3 off £30 eCoupon and a £5 off £50 eCoupon in the same transaction (assuming that these eCoupons can be used together), you must spend at least £80.
Calculation of discount
67. Where an online offer states that a percentage discount will be given on a purchase, the cost of the qualifying purchases will be reduced by the stated discount percentage.
68. Where purchases are stated to be offered on a "VAT-free" basis, the prices of qualifying items will be reduced by the equivalent of VAT. At the current VAT rate of 20% this equates to a discount of 16.67%.
69. Supplementary charges such as delivery or postage & packing shall not be discounted unless specifically stated in the offer description.
Security and Fraud
70. When you use an eCoupon you warrant to Tyrescanner that you are the duly authorised recipient of the eCoupon and that you are using it in good faith.
71. If you redeem, attempt to redeem or encourage the redemption of eCoupons to obtain discounts to which you or a third party are not entitled you may be committing a civil or criminal offence.
72. If we reasonably believe that any eCoupon is being used unlawfully or illegally we may reject or cancel any eCoupon and you agree that you will have no claim against us in respect of any rejection or cancellation. Tyrescanner reserves the right to take any further action it deems appropriate in such instances.
Limitation of liability
73. At all times our acceptance of an order takes place on despatch of the order, at which point the purchase contract will be made and you will be charged for your order.
74. All offers are subject to availability and while stocks last.
75. Tyrescanner shall not be liable to any customer or household for any financial loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation or withdrawal of any eCoupon or any failure or inability of a customer or household to use an e-Coupon for any reason.
76. We reserve the right to vary or terminate the operation of any eCoupon at any time without notice. The failure of Tyrescanner to take any action in respect of a breach of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of their enforceability. Tyrescanner reserves its rights in respect of these terms and conditions at all times.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
77. In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
a. the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
b. the party's obligations will be suspended so far as is reason
78. We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing Goods to you.
79. Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Goods to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
a. before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
b. we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
c. we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and
d. we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
80. For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
81. The Supplier does not exclude liability for:
(i) any fraudulent act or omission; or
(ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier's other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier is not liable for
(i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or
(ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to the Customer's business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer - because the Supplier believes the Customer is not buying the Goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
82. The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of Scotland.
83. Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
84. We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: If a dispute occurs customers should contact us to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 5 days.
Lytchett House, 13 Freeland Park,
Wareham Road, Poole
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 0330 100 5309